Thursday, December 27, 2007

FIRE (not our house)


The building three down from ours (and identical to ours) caught fire this morning. Nobody was home, but there appears to be major damage. It was in the exact same unit as mine. It was eerie to see smoke pouring out from what looked like my own window. Yuck.

Five fire trucks and two ambulances have been here for almost 2 hours trying to get things under control. I hope it was because somebody forgot to turn something off, and not because I live in an identical fire trap waiting to burst into flames.

4 comments:

EmmaJ said...

That is freaky! Glad no one what there and that you guys are alright. Did the boys like the fire engines?

Carolyn said...

I like the whole pajamas tucked into the boots thing goin on!

Catherine Call said...

Yes, Brady was quite excited by the whole ordeal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was freaky to see what looked like your apartment with smoke coming out.