Here in Ecuador they have these things called "años viejos" which are effigies, generally made of paper mache, that they burn on New Year's Eve. The Simpsons are apparently very big here as there are tons of Simpson effigies, so in honor of Steve, we had Tutu pose with Homer.
It was great to see the pictures that Emma and Catherine posted--we would love to see the rest of you do some major postage. We are headed to Playas this morning, a beach area and the first sector Dad served in before. Yesterday Tutu had her hair done in the same Hotel where we ate Christmas dinner. There was an assistant picking other people's hair out of the rollers that they would put directly into Tutu's hair. We're hoping they were lice-free.
2 comments:
I think America should look into more burning of effigies. I think we are sorely lacking in that area of fun and excitement.
Did Tutu about vomit when she realized the unsanitary conditions of the salon?
I like to watch them take the combs that they use for my hair directly out of the cleansing solution, so I know that they were actually sanitized.
A little girl in our ward has had lice for like 4 weeks. They have tried everything, and can not get rid of them. What a nightmare!!
Hopefully Tutu isn't bald in the next picture you all post.
I miss burning stuff on special occasions. Brings a warm glow to any event -- get it, get it?
Post a Comment