Monday, January 7, 2008

I pushed enter too soon.......whoops!

I am here and NOOOOO--I am not a fizzler!!

I wanted to give a brief report on the Meta House activity that our family sponsored. With the money that everybody so generously donated,we were able to purchase the following meal for approximately 50 people:

green salad with cucumbers, olives, crutons, red onions, tomatos, cheese and ranch dressing
tortilla soup with Fritos and cheese
brownies with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup

Four of my friends came over the night before to prepare the soup, and I did the salad the morning of the project. One of my other friends made all 80 of the brownies with the mix that I had dropped off at her house. Jason and I went to the Meta House together and served the meal. It was really fun to watch all the ladies dive into the food.

The ladies LOVED the meal--they said it was the best one they had ever had at one of their holiday dinners. The staff was touched that our family had purchased all of the food for them.

I opened the project up to people in our ward, and we collected over 300 dollars worth of diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, and nuks for the 15 ladies who are expecting babies in the next few months.

It was a great success. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I appreciate so much your support and generosity. I love you all so very much.

3 comments:

EmmaJ said...

That is great! I am so glad it went so well! Betty would love to help you with the laundry, but she only knows how to fold pink and purple things.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Catherine. Thanks for the report. It was great to hear from you. We'd love a report on the family, Becca's visit, etc.

Carolyn said...

Yay! Good job Cat. You are awesome.