Hello my dears,
Here is a picture of us with the Christoffersons and Ridds. It was taken after dark in a large room, so it's a little dark, but you can recognize me--I'm the short one, and Dad is next to me. My hair looks long, but it's really shadows. The other picture was taken at the park near Orem at our family picnic, just before we left.
I've decided we need to re-name the blog. Johns Family seems just a little too inclusive. I was thinking something like "Emma, Mom, and occassional, infrequent guests". I am open to suggestions. Here's one for all of you: you don't need something major in order to blog. You don't need to expend a great deal of time blogging. A one-liner, a funny experience, an opinion, a question, or just a picture would be great. It's not like you're all spending your time emailing us!
We spoke in another stake conference today and yesterday. They had a choir consisting of the youth of one of the wards. It was well-rehearsed and sweet, even good, in relative terms. Dad just left for four interviews with stake presidents. He should be home in 4 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, I will be working on our mission newsletter and making some ice cream for Dad.
We had roast beef, potatoes, carrots, potatoes and onions today. I bought what I thought was a roast (all the cuts of meat are completely different) but it turned out to be a beef skirt, thinly cut and rolled up. I just cut that baby up and cooked it with the vegetables in the crock pot and it turned out pretty good. I shredded up the left-over meat, added chiles, salsa, and beans---divided it up and froze it as a Mexican meat mix for tacos, burritos, etc.
¡A la marcha! Love to all.
4 comments:
Thanks for the pictures and the message. We had beef stew for dinner too. I make a great one: beef, parsnips, onion, potato, and carrots + water and my secret ingredient. Cook in a dutch oven for 4+ hours. YUMMY! Steve guarantees me one serving and then getting the rest is like a cage fight. I'm surprised he doesn't hide it.
Also, Cat, I love your hair in that picture! And Betty turned 6 months old today... loads of pictures on my blog.
I promise that I will be better. Thank you for your faithfulness Emma and Mother Dearest.
I will try to do better. I do love the blog even if I don't post too often!! Again, I will try to do better.
Post a Comment