Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Schteef Update




The contributors to this blog have been slacking. So much so that I actually have to write something. Honestly.

The city clerk called the chapel last week asking for someone from the “Church of Saints” to give the invocation at today’s city commission meeting. Nobody openly protested a Mormon praying inside town hall, so I’d say my first foray into politics went better than I’d expected.

Betty’s Spanish continues to be at least as good as her English. She says “mamá,” “papá,” “o-a” (hola), and “ga” (gato/caca [depending on context]). She even puts the accent on the right syllable for the first two, thus avoiding calling Emma and me “breast” and “potato” respectively. I’ve been pretty diligent about speaking to her only in Spanish, even though I worry that it comes off as silly/hopeless/pretentious when we’re in public.

My preferred Mario Kart Wii character is Donkey Kong riding the standard dirt bike (not the hotrod in the picture above). I usually beat Emma at Mario Kart, but she wins at pretty much everything else. I suspect she may be cheating.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay!!! My Steve poasted. I always knew you were fit for the world of politics. With your experience, I think you are qualified to come and be the guest speaker in my government class. I miss you like a child misses her blanket...name that tune.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about "silly/hopeless/pretentious"...who cares about what others think. ¡¡Adelante, Papá!! Did you get to stand on a rameumptum? Is it too late to get on the ticket as everyone's latest favorite moderate conservative?

Buckanator said...

Big girls don't cry -Fergie
Steve, you are totally awesome and wonderful! Did Emma come and whisper the words of the prayer in your ear? I certainly hope so. Will you send me your Wii when you're done with it in a week?