Thursday, July 18, 2013

Brady and Aaron

One of the perks of living in Oregon has been seeing my Chatrin, Jason, and boys regularly. Brady and Aaron say and do the most hilarious things. I kept a log of funny things they did and said while we met up with them in Seattle for the Fourth of July. So here goes...


  • Before we got there Brady had put a sign on Aaron's new toy and set it out in the front yard. "Buy it. $3.99" He was pretty pleased with himself.
  • Brady to Catherine, "Mom, do you love Aaron?"

  • Aaron to Catherine, "He [Mike] is smarter than you. Look at his brain."


  • Aaron struggles with names. After I told him that my name isn't Becca (for the hundredth time) he asked, "Do you know Becca?" Me-"Yes. She is my sister." Aaron- "You have a lot of sisters."
  • The Call's neighbor accidentally shot off half of his leg with a shotgun over a year ago. He was showing off his prosthetic leg to the boys when Aaron said, "Now you have a robot leg. I can't believe you can control that. Do you got robot feet?"

  • Brady is currently on a whale kick. Whales are the new pigs, you see. When they were sitting in the backseat of my car, I heard him ask Mara, "Do you like whales, Baby?" They proceeded to sing "Baby Beluga" to her while we were driving. 

  • Aaron about Mara, "She has a small brain right now so when she is five or six she won't remember anything. Like me. I don't remember a single fing from when I was a baby because I had a short brain."

  • Aaron often called Mara "Marla." Oh the power of a letter. Her name went from cute to terrible in an instant.
  • Aaron also couldn't remember Marla's gender and asked if "it" was a boy or girl. He insisted that she looks more like a he and would often get confused. "I hope he grows up fast. Can he crawl yet?" I think he was pretty underwhelmed with Marla's skills in general. 

3 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

I still have a short brain...and shrinking. GREAT POST! Marla and the boys look great.

EmmaJ said...

Mike does have a big brain.

Buckanator said...

Thank you for providing another distraction to writing my personal history. The boys are hilarious, and Mara is perfection.