By calm, I mostly mean for jobless and endless free-time me, and by storm I mean the type that you love and look forward to...but a storm none the less.
We have now been in D.C. about 2 1/2 months. These months have both flew by and crept along slowly. Now that we aren't traveling the world and mostly just live normal life we find that we take a whole lot less pictures. Here are some highlites:
- I spent the first several weeks unacking and figuring out how to layout our small space. We also built furniture for the baby and for our room. It was a first for us!
- Cat and Jason came and visited for about 4 days in September. We loooved having them here. We did all the touristy stuff, ate lots of froyo, and spent a day w the Johns fam in VA! Here is the ONLY pic that we took:
- I started and then finished the ENTIRE series of Lost. Yup....6 seasons later I feel like a new person. Seriously, the best show ever. I don't regret one minute spent or one tear shed in the process!
- Zar has gone out of town 3 times in the last month for med school interviews. So far he has interviewed at University of Chicago, Stanford, and is on his way at this moment to University of Pennsylvania. He has felt really good about the interviews (of course), but he is still waiting to hear back from a couple of his top choices for an interview invite. We'll seeee!
- Zar had a turbinate reduction procedure done to his nose a couple weeks ago the help him breath. So far....not much improvement. I have actually had to wake him up the last couple nights to stop him from snoring (a problem that wasn't there previously).
- Our roommate Gabri and I made challah the other day (a jewish bread). It was fun. Here is evidence of our success!
- Last night Zar and I rented a Zipcar and drove to Baltimore to see So You Think You Can Dance top 10 on tour. It was AMAZING! We both loved every minute. Here are some of our favorite moments: (I kept trying to upload an awesome video of the sand group dance but it kept telling me there was an error. grr.)
In other news....I am now 37.5 weeks pregnant! I feel huge and my back pain is proof that I am. haha. Our little Annabelle has now decided that she is happy and comfortable being breech. As a result, I am scheduled for a c-section on November 1st! Obviously this is not ideal, but it is what it is. We can't wait to meet her, but we are also trying to cherish or last 9 days of quiet solitude. Ahhh! We are about to be parents! Mom will come help for a while after and teach us all her brilliant ways....hallelujah. We will be keeping you all updated next weekend!




4 comments:
That bread looks good. I think I could eat the whole loaf right now.
I am jealous that you got to go to SYTYCD...AGAIN!
I expect a post from you next Friday evening full of tons of pictures of the second cutest baby in the world. :)
You and Gabri should enter that bread in the county fair (how do you pronounce challah?) SYTYCD looks like it was amazing. You still look great--too bad there was only one picture. Cat, you looked great too, of course.
Great post!
Mudder, Challa is pronounced "Holla"....heavy on the H. It's like Chai Point, the place I worked in Milwaukee for 5 wonderful years!
GWATE post Bellie!!
The trip to DC was da bomb. I love that pic of us. I look so tall.
Sorry about the Csection news. We will all be praying for you.
I'm jelly that you ALWAYS get to go to SYTYCD, and I NEEEVER get to go. (I said that in a very whiny tone)
I love you!
Upsides of a csection: not one contraction, it's all very controlled. Can't wait to see the newest Zavala!!!! I want the bread. Had no idea you went to SYTYCD!
Post a Comment