Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 for the McCulloughs

January- Enjoyed our last kid-less anniversary and got my first smart phone (hello 2008, nice to  meet you!).
February- Celebrated Valentine's Day with a Papa Murphy's pizza. We're romantic like that.
March- The Calls came to visit us!
April- Mara was born.
May-Mara and I cried lots and lots and slept very little.
June-Mike's family came to visit for Gidg's blessing.
July- Spent the Fourth of July weekend in Seattle and had all sorts of funsy.
August- Came home from the family reunions and found out that Mike was getting laid off.
September- Fought off unemployment-induced depression by coming up with fun things to do around town.
October- Prayed that our car would make it and set off on an impromptu trip to WA and ID.
November- Chose between two job offers and moved to San Jose.
December- Celebrated our first Christmas alone and surprisingly enjoyed it!

One word that sums up our year: tiring (but good :) )





So we didn't do posts for Christmas and Thanksgiving, so I think it will be fun to see everyone's Reader's Digest version of 2013! (perhaps accompanied with your favorite pictures of the year...Am I getting too greedy here?) Ready...Set...Go!

5 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Great post, Carolyn. What a difference a year makes---especially for the young. Okay, okay, Dad and I will post....just give me a minute.

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine Call said...

Oh, Carrie! I love your posts. I really do appreciate that you take the time to do them! Great pictures, as always! 2013 was a productive year for you, to be sure!

EmmaJ said...

I love this. I will try and do one too.

Melanie said...

You win the blog award for the year....obvi. Y ur famlee b so qte? I just wrote my post then reread yours and realized that mine was a bit long winded! haha