I'll start with Branch Conference, which was yesterday. As is to be expected Steve was kind of stressed about all the stake visitors that would be coming down. I was stressed about the traditional pot luck that is held afterwards so the stake visitors don't go home hungry or have to stop at a restaurant. Last year we ran out of food (I have no idea how that happened) so this year I made a dessert, a main dish, and a salad, just to make up for the people that would forget or for some reason couldn't make their dish. The pot luck went very well; we didn't run out of food.
The real excitement happened in sacrament meeting. As is usual, the Stake President asked Steve (the BP) to bare his testimony at the beginning of the meeting. Well, he was about 5 sentences in, when the lady sitting behind me collapsed out of her chair onto the floor! At first I thought the lady next to her had dropped the interpreting case off her table, but when I turned around their was Hilda on the floor. Luckily one of the visiting high councilmen is a doctor, and he did a quick vitals check. The funny thing is, that practically no one had any idea this was going on. The people in the row in front of me didn't even turn around. So, Steve is standing up there and he is still talking! I am stying to shoot him the STOP TALKING look, and eventually he does, and just pauses until she is sitting back up, and then he asks the interpretor if every thing is OK. Hilda is diabetic and old, and not all there, and doesn't/can't take care of her situation. She told the people helping her that she had been in a rush to get ready and had some orange juice... or something like that. Someone took her home and after all the meetings Steve and President Brown went and visited her and she is doing better.
As for Miss Elizabeth, this week I learned that she LOVES the Osmonds, Donny and Marie especially. They were on Oprah and when they started singing she turned her head, stopped fussing, and watched them sing. It was the funniest thing! She does like music in general and enjoys dancing and singing with me, but she has never before had a total attitude change and physically moved like that before.





Betty also had her first hammock experience. That is one of our favorite things about island living... the hammock in the winter... it is so nice!
Well, we hope you are all well... sorry this has been a long post. Take care, and have a great week.... and remember, if you ever get sick of the cold, we are here!
P.S. More pictures on my blog.
4 comments:
Tell little Betty I'll sing "Paper Roses" to her when you come down. Marie and I look quite a bit alike as well. Steve and Betty livin' the vida loca there in the hammock--too cute.
I'm very jealous of you guys...I'm enduring freezing weather here!!grrrrr
I'm very jealous of you guys...I'm enduring freezing weather here!!grrrrr
Ditto to Mel's jealousy confession. It is very cold here and the thought of another long winter depresses me. I really enjoyed reading your update. Thanks!!
Post a Comment