Sunday, December 23, 2007

High in the Andes...


Hello folksies!

Tutu made it safely to Guayaquil and it took her luggage a couple more days, but it arrived as well. She wants to burn the outfit she wore for three days, but I have restrained her.

We went to Cuenca last Thursday for our last zone conference this change so Tutu got to see the Andes mountains and even a llama or two (from a distance, unfortunately). This picture is from an altitude of 13,670 feet so there´s not much growing but it is majestic just the same--and a little chilly. Tutu was a big hit at zone conference and several of the missionaries wanted their picture taken with her. She modestly acquiesced. Tutu and I shopped while Dad interviewed missionaries and it was very hard on her not to be able to buy everything she saw because of the difficulty in bringing it home. She did, however, buy us a lovely porcelain wash basin set (as specialty of Cuenca) for Christmas. I pleaded with her not to (well, plead may be quite strong--I cautiously yet half-heartedly suggested), but she was not to be deterred.

Christmas is upon us and we will miss you all terribly. Please be happy and have a wonderful Christmas. We will try to talk with each of you on Christmas day. Tutu sends her love.

¡Feliz Navidad! Mom and Dad

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I'm jealous of Mom and Dad for getting to see Tutu, and I'm jealous of Tutu for getting to see Mom, Dad, and Ecuador. Also, I wish I had a wash basin. We love you all, have a merry Christmas!

EmmaJ said...

So glad that everyone/thing made it there OK. We miss you all.
Merry Christmas!

Catherine Call said...

Tutu is a rock star everywhere she goes--she can't help herself!! Who wouldn't want a picture with her? I am with Steve--I'm jealous of the reunion.....and the wash basin! I love you all!!