Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008





These pictures are of Dad and Tutu in Playas, an area where Dad first served and Dad paying the 10 cent fee for using the horrid "toilet-in-a-hut". Tutu and I waited till we got back home.

Well, dear family, here we are in a new year. Dad and I are going to try to be better a better mission president and companion, better parents, and better people. We have recommitted to our exercise schedule, personal and companionship study and planning (which gets constantly interrupted with travel, meetings, etc.), journal writing (ouch!). We have a brand new fancy treadmill which we alternate using--one morning I walk/run while Dad does stretching/strengthening excercises, and then the next morning we switch off. I like the treadmill like a thousand times better than the exercises and unfortunately, Dad feels the same way. (You would think he would be willing to make the sacrifice and let the treadmill be exclusively mine, wouldn't you?)

We're heading to Loja tomorrow for a couple of days so we'll be out of computer range until Monday. Becca is in Milwaukee with Catherine and Jason et. al. and Carolyn and Mel are in Orange County with their roommate, Denise. We'd love to hear your adventures and see your pictures. We love you all.

2 comments:

EmmaJ said...

In England you have to pay to use some public restrooms too... the really nice ones! I think I would rather have squatted than use a toilet-in-a-hut. So brave!

Carolyn said...

The whole paying for the bathroom story is so funny. I would love to see dad have to tell the lady that he just needed to go number one. Haha. That is good stuff.