Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I feel important because I live in Florida!


Well if you haven't been watching the news, today was the primary elections in Florida so Betty and I went out to vote. Steve doesn't get to vote because FL is a closed election state and he decided to be a renegade and not register with either party. Anyway, in the past couple of weeks I have felt very important when pollsters would call asking for my opinions. In order to make myself feel even more important I like to think that my results were the ones they show on the Today Show or CNN. I also got phone calls (recorded ones) from a few of the candidates. Steve got a phone call from a real live person from the Ron Paul camp, but we were out to dinner so he missed it. Plus he can't vote today anyway so it didn't matter. My vote does count though! Kathleen came with us because it is a nice walk downtown to get to our polling place. When entering the building 2 different people both commented that Betty was too young to vote, but since my vote is influenced by her I let her wear the "I voted" sticker. Since I haven't been a citizen very long I just think voting is the coolest thing and I love that I get to share that with my little Betty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So will this be your first election you get to vote one just like me??! Crazy!

Buckanator said...

Stephen, I'm highly disgusted with you for not doing whatever it takes to vote in an extremely close race. I'm not sure what you were hoping to achieve with that. Meanwhile, I'm getting an ulcer watching the results come it while John McCain is winning. Scary. Good job Emma and Betty!

Stephen said...

Beck, would it further aggravate your ulcer to know that if I were registered I would probably vote for McCain?

Anonymous said...

Wow, sir!

Buckanator said...

Voting for McCain if you must is better than not voting at all. As for my ulcer, it's now bleeding and tunneling into other organs!

Carolyn said...

dems fightin words