Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jetting through January



I can't believe it is almost February. We are almost 1/12 done with the year. The semester has been pretty wild. I am working over twenty hours a week (I usually have to stop clocking in on Fridays and then will add them to a break week. We are only allowed to work twenty hours a week.) My classes are not particularly hard, but they consume more time than I have. I am still having enough fun on the weekdays to keep me sane and more than enough fun on the weekends. My roommates are all great. Sam is really the only new one. She is a first semester freshman from IL. It is good to have Mere back. I am still secretarying it up in Relief Society 2. It is fun, and I enjoy it, but I think that I will be ready for a new calling next semester. (Is that horribly wicked for me to say? I think I might end up as a Gospel Doctrine teacher just to make me wish I had the old secretary calling back.) Here are some of the January highlights from the life of yours truly:
  • Getting back to my Rexburg home!
  • Volunteering at the Rexburg Temple Open House as an usher. (Well...the first three hours were a highlight; the last three not so much. I started realizing why they had thanked us so profusely for our sacrifice at the orientation meeting.)
  • Going through the Open House twice. The temple is so gorgeous and huge. The sealing room was definitely my favorite. It made me a little homesick and teary though. One of the sealing rooms is the largest of any of the temples and seats about sixty people.
  • Accidentally matching with Mere at least once a week. (The pictures kind of show it. One day was particularly funny. It looked as if we had planned our outfits like fifth graders do.)
  • Weekly visits from Mike. :)
  • Teaching the Relief Society Lesson on the First Vision and Visiting Teaching.
  • Getting a perfect score on my first test of the semester.
  • Contemporary dancing with Mel and Mere in the living room. Watch out Mia Michaels. Yous bout to be trumped.
  • Tutoring one of the sweetest and most precious people alive.
Oh yeah---winning Homecoming Queen, growing to the nice height of 5'6", and finding a cure of poverty have also made the month pretty special. Yes--January has been good to me.

3 comments:

Buckanator said...

Is that the red skirt that's in the mail for me? You're so nice.

Anonymous said...

No, please send it here to Ecuador--I'm pretty sure it will fit me.

Great blog. Great update. I think it behooves the rest of us (and by "us" I really mean everyone but Emma and me) to follow that great example.

Adelante

EmmaJ said...

Carloyn, you forgot to mention that you were runner up in the Miss USA competition (because it isn't a pageant, it's a scholarship program). And you forgot to post of picture of your weekly visitor... how are we ever going to compare his looks to celebrities if all you give us is a picture that looks like Flat Stanley