Friday, January 25, 2008

Me llamo Adrian Johns (by ML Johns)


I adore my wife, (who, by the way, is not dead yet); I mete out my cereal and milk with every morning with measuring cups; my socks are stacked neatly in color-coded piles in my drawer; I wash my hands before (and after) I go to the bathroom--out of personal respect. I comb my hair each time I wash my hands, yet I never wash my hands in a public restroom because "I" am cleaner than the faucets.


Here's what happened: I arrived in Ecuador in July only to find my office brimming with a strange, devilish paper which I will call Ecua-paper. It is an odd size that is slightly longer than a looseleaf notebook and slightly narrower than letter-size paper. It caused me great emotional distress so my staff got rid of and I now deal only with 8 1/2 X 11 paper. Someone forgot the cardinal rule: never, never, change anything!


5 comments:

Buckanator said...

It's good to know the mission hasn't changed the dad I love!

Catherine Call said...

Amen to what Becca said!!

I acn just imagine dad going into convulsions over the wrong sized devil paper.

HAHAHAHA!! I loved this post.

Stephen said...

Too funny, momma. For some reason the first time I read through it I assumed that by "paper" you mean "toilet paper," so I was very confused by the dimensions you gave. No worries, though, a second read set me straight.

EmmaJ said...

Love the picture! It seems Bill has let his hair grow out a little! BTW, Ecua-paper is probably the same size that they use in England too... it is horrible!

Carolyn said...

Hehe...I love it. Very witty Mom and very typical Dad. :)