On Monday Elizabeth had her 6 month check-up at the doctors. One of the questions he asked us was if she was sitting up yet... and we had to say no. This was the first time we have had to say no to one of those questions... usually she has been doing the "thing" for a few weeks, if not longer... but on Monday, she wasn't exactly sitting up. She sits just fine in her high chair, but I don't think that counts. We would try to sit her up (and I am sure she could sit if she wanted to) but she would always reach for something and roll over. Well, I think she has my super competitive nature, because just one day later she was sitting up. I sat her on our bed and she stayed; I sat her in her crib and she stayed there long enough for me to crab the camera and take pictures before she rolled to her toys. Yes, I think the humiliation of us having to say no, and Elizabeth knowing that this was now permanently on her medical record was just too much and so she sat/now sits. She isn't crawling yet (the rolling and pivoting gets her around just fine) so I am working on standing and walking.


6 comments:
She's getting too big. Tell her to stop until I come see her!
Shouldn't she be watching (or using her iPod to listen to) some baby genius DVD/CD about how to sit up, walk, talk, etc.? Here's the deal--I didn't even take my kids to a six-month checkup. I figured if they passed their newborn check and they looked normal to me, and weren't sick, everything was A-OK. We always got their shots in the clinic--not usually on time (okay, never on time) but we got them.
That's the only confession you're going to wrest out of me for now.
That is so funny! We get her shots at the doctors, because it is just so easy to do it all at once. Do I get extra points for having her 9 month appointment already booked?
Mom, you'll be sorry when I keel over for want of a childhood vaccination.
You got them all, Steve, just a few months late. Sin embargo, I'll never forgive myself if your learning delays are attributed to those under-protected days.
aww...tell little Betty that I am proud! hehe
Post a Comment