Saturday, June 7, 2008

More of dis n dat




Hello all you CF's (ask Becca),

Sorry it has been so long since we posted anything. No excuses.

We went to the sealing (they don't call them weddings here, as Ecuador requires a civil wedding prior to the temple sealing) of one of our ex-missionaries. His wife served in the Guayaquil North Mission so both mission presidents and wives were there. It was very sweet and I am posting some pictures from the wedding. The other picture is was taken on Dad's birthday when the office elders gave us a cake. It was actually a pretty good cake. I had a thin slice and the office Elders ate the rest--definitely a "cast your bread upon the waters" deal for them. They knew that Dad couldn't eat cake so they bought him a Burger King meal which he gladly devoured while we ate the cake. Thank you to all for your emails and birthday wishes. Why, oh why, did no one come to see us? Kathleen called me on my birthday. Dad and I gave each other very romantic, thoughtful gifts: I gave him a 2-GB pindrive so he can back up his computer and he gave me (us) a Dominos pizza.

Well, enough birthday news. Becca may have told you all, but Grandpa's sister, Donna, died on June 4. She had a stroke 2 weeks prior to that (Mel, you will remember her...the really sharp, witty one and the oldest sister from Moab). Grandpa seemed pretty sad about it but I think he is pretty tender right now because he isn't doing well himself. He has a bad taste in his mouth when he eats, is very weak and when he is lying down, can't get enough oxygen. Curtis (Dr. Black) is working him up and has done tests but Grandpa didn't know the results when I talked to him yesterday. He has been sleeping with oxygen the last few nights and has done better, but can't do much without being tuckered out. I'll let you know when I hear anything. You all may want to give him a call.

We had zone conferences in Guayaquil this week and will be takin' the show on the road starting on Sunday.

We love and miss you all and pray for you all the time.

Mom and Dad

P.S. After several attempts, I am still unable to post the pictures. I'll try again later.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Nothing says romance quite like a jump drive and a Domino's pizza. :) Thank you for poasting. (That was for you, Becca.)

Buckanator said...

My favorite CFs,
I miss you LACF. I tried to come see you for your birthday, but Carolyn wouldn't pay for it. Now you know who to blame. I love you!

Catherine Call said...

I loved the update. What darling pictures!!

I spoke with Grandpa the day that Becca called me. He sounded pretty sad, but still had a spark of that Grandpa sense of humor!

I love you all!
Love,
TCFOA (figure that one out, suckas!)

Stephen said...

Loved the pictures, they were great. I'll call Grandpa today. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

The Craziest Fool of All!!!!
Am I right, or am I right?

Carolyn said...

Dang, Mom, you are good....if that is what it really stands for.

Catherine Call said...

YOU ARE RIGHT MOM!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have won something special to be determined at a later date.