Sooooo.....
Most of you know Tutu is coming to see me (with Mel in tow) on August 20th (why does that date ring a distant bell?).
I want to do an interview with her like David (or Daniel?) Black did with Grandpa C. I want to video tape it and then transcribe it so everybody can have a written copy. I spoke with her about it and she is excited to do it. She is coming for a week, so I figure that we will do a section of the interview every night so it won't be overwhelming. She has requested a copy of the questions in advance so she can think about them to come up with meaningful answers.
I just have a slight problemo.......I have no idea where to start. Where do I come up with questions? I think I am going to do a google search to see what I can come up with. My question for all of you is......what do you want me to ask her about? Do you have any suggestions? ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome.....nay, REQUIRED! Please help me do this! I think it would be so precious to have, so I want to do it right! I don't have any format right now, so the field is wide open!
Mom and Dad--do you have any ideas/requests?
I love you all!
PS--September is rapidly approaching, as well. We need to start thinking about our annual service project for Rachel's Bday.
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
I am actually working with the Young Women at the moment on a family history scrapbook and they were given a ton of questions to ask their grandparents. I'll try and type it up this week and email it to you.
Thanks, Ems! I knew you would be the first to respond!!!!
Ask about her parents, her childhood, Herb and Jane, how she got into dance and theatre, her performing days, she and papa's love story, school days, fun stories about raising her kids, and other stuff like that. Once she gets going just go with the flow and ask her more questions about whatever seems relevant.Thanks for doing it Gata!
Caffernini,
Good girl. We will all be so glad you did this. Thank you thank you. Google "questions to ask during an oral history" and you will find tons of resources. It is really good to have your questions planned but be sure to go with the flow once things get started. I love that you're doing this.
Post a Comment