Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kimbal's Wedding






So here are some of the pictures that were taken at the reception. A lot of them did not turn out that great because it was not light enough.
I am doing pretty good. I wish I was going to school in the Burg this semester and am jealous of all my friends who are. Funny thing is they all think that they wish they were done. Student teaching has been interesting. Most of the days have been pretty boring because I am only supposed to observe the first couple of weeks. Don't worry though, Ben (World History Cooperating Teacher) put me to work as early as possible. I taught the World Studies classes last Friday. Ben left right away to get his hair cut, leaving me with his forty sophomores. The first huge class had a few punks in it. One kid in the back liked to wave at me for kicks and raised his hand in the middle of the class to ask how I am. I told him that I am old enough to be his student teacher and moved on. The second class went really well. There are several fun Polynesian boys who participated a lot. It was interesting seeing how different the dynamics of each class were. I think the first class thought that I was too young to be telling them what to do and to have power over their grades while the second class thought that I was cool. Funny. I am teaching those same classes again tomorrow about the differences between homo habilis, homo erectus (try saying that in front of a group of 15 year olds), homo sapiens, and homo sapiens sapiens.
I went to Blackfoot this weekend and had so much fun! Mike and I went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair (that is why it was in Blackfoot, Mom). There were prize winning vegetables, stinky livestock, the hugest horses I have ever seen in person, fried food vendors as far as the eye could see, and white trash galore. Good times. I didn't have to leave on Sunday like I normally would have because of the Labor Day holiday, so we got to hang out all day. We went for a ride on the scooter while Mike's dad rode a dirt bike. Don't worry mine Pappy, I wore a helmet. Mike kicked my trash in Scrabble. We read some cute kid's books and watched Much Ado About Nothing too. I love you all and miss you mucho!!....and am lovingly and strongly encouraging better blogging habits from everyone. :)

6 comments:

Buckanator said...

Oh, my Rolyn! Why you want to blog so much? What a great poasting! I especially like the girl in the red dress.

Buckanator said...

Oh, my Rolyn! Why you want to blog so much? What a great poasting! I especially like the girl in the red dress.

Carolyn said...

Oh my Bo! You must really like the girl in the red dress twice. Either that or you have the craziest stutter ever.

EmmaJ said...

I don't believe that you got beat at Scrabble. Does Mike play Boggle?

Catherine Call said...

Does anybody think that Taylor looks strikingly similar to our handsome brother Stevo?

Great post Carrie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great poasting! I especially like the girl in the red dress. And the girl in the black and white dress.