OK everyone, so I am feeling nostalgic for those times in Utah when we would watch General Conference with Jason and Catherine at their condo and then do laundry or I would cook dinner...So I want to know about your conference weekend. Where did you watch? What was your favorite talk? Favorite quote?
I hope to hear from all of you!
8 comments:
Hi Emmers! I miss our Sundays together, too! That was such a fun time in that Provo condo.
We had visitors over the weekend. Our dear friends from Milwaukee(who are not LDS) came for Friday and Saturday and left Sunday around lunch time. Jason and I watched both Sunday sessions yesterday evening. We'll get to the AM Saturday session for FHE tonight. So, I'll have to get back to you on my most favorite talk.
Hey, thanks for the great blog topic. I loved it all but missed a couple of 1/2 hour segments due to internet problems and the electricity going out.
I really loved the R.S. counselor's talk on missionary work. She was passionate and wonderful and inspiring. I always love Elder Holland's talks. We had an investigator over for sunday afternoon session.
Love and miss you all. Mom
I stayed home to watch it online since it started while Betty was napping. Steve went to the church though.
I really liked (in the Sunday afternoon session) Elder Godoy's talk about testimonies and how it doesn't have to be a life altering event that cements yours. It can just be the things you know and do day in and day out. That is why doing those primary answers is so important.
I had two favorites...Elder Holland's and Elder Wirthlin's...not surprising since they normally give some of my favorite talks every year. The phrase, "Come what may, and love it," have come to mind a lot since Saturday.
Presidents Monson, Eyring, and Uchtdorf are all my heroes. For me the best quote of the conference was the refrain from President Uchtdorf's talk during the priesthood session: "Lift where you stand." Gold.
I just want to say that this is so super-duper nice to read everyone's comments! Thanks to all who have posted so far.
Also, there is a slide show and a very funny post over on my blog. Hairy cake, anyone?
Mike and Joe reported back to me about the priesthood session. It sounded really good. They both had really liked the "Lift where you stand" talk too.
We are now finished watching all of conference (only a week later....)
I loved President Monson's quote about not piling up too many tomorrows or you'll find you have a bunch of empty yesterdays. This reminds me of what Mommers always says about being happy "right now."
I also loved the talk about angels--was that Elder Holland? (my mind is getting confused). When you watch the sessions in pieces over a week, things can get a little jumbled.
Post a Comment