Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's cookin'?

(this is my new best friend Kathy's dish)

Hello all you great guys and gals,

We just finished a test run of my latest menu, chicken parmesan. It was really good and looked nice as well (except that I need to add a little spice to the "dredge") so it's a go for the exit dinner tomorrow evening. The internet has been my faithful advisor while here. I have learned how to fold napkins, cook various items, remove stains, and much, much more. My favorite learn-to-cook-stuff is Chicken Fajitas > Start Cooking where my new best friend Kathy shows me in simple well done videos how to do various things. It's so nice to actually be able to see it made and then download the recipe and cook-'er up.

When I get home, I'm going to to start my own web-site: howtoavoidcooking.com. It will come replete with videos of me reading books, hiking, doing genealogy, taking naps, with an occasional crossword and cryptoquote thrown in (I haven't done one of those for a year and a half now). I may throw in a how-to on cooking frozen pizza, making a PBJ sandwich, and making the most of left-overs. My diamond among the rubies will be "drive-up chatting as a second language", a course on understanding service personnel at drive-up windows. I will, of course, have to solicit help from Carolyn and Mel because it remains an enigma to me.

We are getting more and more excited about Carolyn coming early in December and Melanie arriving late in December. Steve, Emma, and Betty are coming in February. Even though we haven't officially met Betty, we certainly feel we know her through the blogs and from our video chats. Catherine and Jason are trying to work out a time to come when Jason's mom can care for the boys.

Tutu's biopsies all turned out "negativo" so that's a great blessing. We love you all and pray constantly for each of you.

Love,

Mom and Dad



7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very funny poasting! The parm looks really good. My mad skills at the drive in window have gotten even better now that I live within three minutes of all the fast food joints a young heart could ever ask for. However, my help will cost you....necesito some of los royalties.

EmmaJ said...

You can add the, "call up Emma and have her cook for you," to the how to avoid cooking list. I love cooking for other people.

Thanks for the update on Tutu. We are really looking forward to her visit in the next couple of weeks. I feel super special that she is spending Thanksgiving with us!

Stephen said...

Mudder! I'll cook for you every day when we're in Ecuador, just wait!

Buckanator said...

I'll let you cook for me next time a go see you! Thanks for the great news about Tutu. That chicken parm looks wondermous. So who is this Kathy chick? Is she on the food network or somesing?

Anonymous said...

Well, I for sure am the drive-thru expert because I have been on the other side of things!!!! I'll hook you up Marmy!!...fo fwee too!!

Carolyn said...

Mel...you're a brown noser. :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy is "my new best friend". She just started talking to me when I was looking for lasagna recipes. The video popped up and boom, we were buddies. Of course, she doesn't know that.

Thanks for all the help offers for my new website.

UPDATE: The chicken parmesan was great last night and looked just like the picture--complete with parsley sprigs. For dessert we had icecream cake roll served with homemade chocolate syrup zigzagged on the plate and a strawberry on top. (All the special touches that I used to do for you all at home!)