Well folks,
I guess we never officially agreed to the "let's all post something by January 2" so I'm not devastated beyond repair. Anyways.... here's my post:
Carolyn apparently made it home as far as Monte's house, but I haven't heard since then. I suppose she could walk home from SLC to Springville in two days, especially with wheels on her suitcase. She doesn't even have a wooden leg! It was great to have her here and here are two pictures to show how much she enjoyed the animal life of Ecuador.
Melanie is a wonderful guest. We will be heading out on our mission zone conference tour tomorrow and so she will get to know Machala, Loja, Cuenca and even Galápagos next weekend. We bought a muñeco (that's a papier mache doll like a piñata) but couldn't bring ourselves to get dressed decently enough to go down to the street to burn it last night at midnight. We did enjoy the fireworks and all the burning muñecos in the street from our 5th story window. By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you. I guess we're the first ones to have our año viejo for the 2009.
Love you all and look forward to your posts. YOU PROMISED!!!!
3 comments:
Great post, mum. I'm glad the girls behaved. We can't wait to go to Ecuador!
Looks like you are all having a great time. Thanks for the update.
Did you really buy one? Pyro Mel really wanted one! It took three days to walk home though, and a homeless man stole my big suitcase.
Post a Comment