Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Quiz

We loved conference! As a former seminary teacher, I can't quite get past the notion that I should test someone about the general conference....so here you go:

1. What does the "L" stand for in Neal L. Anderson?
2. Who spoke about reverence and said "just as the root of reverence is love, the teaching of reverence should be rooted in love"?
3. Who told the three stories of endurance and said "Fear not, be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith"?
4. Who, in speaking of trials said that the Savior experienced "pain which we could not bear and only faintly comprehend... Even when you know the Lord and feel his help, it may still test your courage and strength to endure"?
5. What color of tie was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland wearing?
6. Who spoke especially to those who "are alone, who feel alone, or who feel abandoned" and then spoke of the utter isolation of the Savior during his final days?
7. Name one of the two women who played the organ.
8. Name the main conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
9. Who said, speaking of member missionary work, "Wouldn't it be better if we stepped up to the job which is rightfully ours...?"
10. Who said, "I know I am not yet what I must become", and then quoted Pres. Monson saying "the Lord will shape the back to fit the burden placed upon it"?

The first comment posted will be the answers to these questions. Let me know how you did.
--the Mudder--

5 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

1. Lyndon
2. Margaret Lifferth
3. Thomas S. Monson
4. Henry B. Eyring
5. Yellow
6. Jeffrey R. Holland
7. Bonnie Goodliffe or Linda Margetts
8. Mack Wilburg
9. L. Tom Perry
10.Neal L. Anderson

Stephen said...

I knew all of them except for the tie color and the ladies who played the organ. A low B without much of an effort, just like in high school!

EmmaJ said...

I only caught a couple of the talks thanks to our little miss doesn't do well with things that interrupt her nap time schedule.

Buckanator said...

I missed the same ones as Steve. You just couldn't resist could you. I though about you and your tests as I was cuddled up with my mom quilt!

Carolyn said...

So I remembered the quotes just not who said all of them. 40% baby.