Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Girl Got a Job!!!






So Lindsey had asked some people she knew at Eastwood earlier on in the summer for a job. They hired her as a TAKS tutor for a 4 week program to get the kids who failed to do better by the end of the summer. Zar knows her supervisor really well so he asked him if they needed any tutors. So...without an interview or anything I was hired!!! I started on Tuesday. Lindsey and I team teach classes of about 8 students, four times a day, monday through thursday. We have to do a new lesson every three days so we end up spending just as much time working outside the classroom as we do teaching. The pay is pretty good, it looks good on a resume, and I enjoy it. Everyone seems to think that I am a really good teacher, and I think that I am really helping the students. The pics are of me in my teaching garb. Lindsey and I get pretty dressed up so that we can be told apart from students.

I am finishing up my last couple days house sitting, and I'm glad to be getting away from that demon dog. I love you all so much and miss you.





6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Can I have those shows? And can I have your job please? Yer my fren.

Buckanator said...

That's one hott teacher! Yes, I did just make hot have two t's.

Stephen said...

Does this mean I get an expensive birthday present this year?

the mudder said...

Mel!!!! Great to have you back on the blog. Congratulations on your job and doing a good job on your job and finishing your other dumb-dog job. (Did I do a good job talking about Jobs?)

EmmaJ said...

You look so smart! (in England that means both intelligent and well dress) you are both.

Catherine Call said...

You go, Mel-Belle!!

You look so "cute and hot." Do you remember when you wrote that on the back of a picture of yourself when you were in like first grade? HAHAHA!!!

Really, though, that's great that you were able to get the major hook-up with this job. I'll bet you are such a wonderful teacher!!