Sunday, August 30, 2009

85+ applications and 17 interviews later...


I GOT A JOB! You are looking at (well my picture anyways) the new Section 504/Special Education Paraprofessional at Timpanogas High School. What exactly is that? I have no idea. That is a lie; I kinda know. I will be organizing IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meetings that involve teachers, administrators, and parents of students with disabilities. I also have to create and maintain each IEP folder for all of the special education students, sub for teachers when they are in IEP meetings, and anything else my bosses think of to do. I start the job on Monday morning. The pay is super low, but I am super grateful for the job. The hours will be great. (7:30-2:30) I am still looking and applying for full-time teaching jobs, but the odds of me landing one now that school has started are very very very very very slim. Deb Freestone is my hero for helping me get this job!

P.S. Yeah, those numbers are accurate. I kept track of most of the applications I filled out and all of the interviews I have had.

8 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Pump, shout, Carolyn. You'll be running that whole school in about a month. Good luck tomorrow! We'll be anxious to hear how it goes!

EmmaJ said...

Congrats! All you need is a foot in the door and then when someone gets pregnant you can move in and take their job.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

yayyy carnini! you da bomb!

Catherine Call said...

Carrie, sorry I stole your BFFFFFF, Beeeeeeca. She misses you, too, and thus we were thrilled to read this post!

The numbers are staggaring......and depressing. But, congrats, nonetheless, on securing such gainful employment.

LYLT,
Cat

EmmaJ said...

how have your first couple of days been?

Buckanator said...

I'm disappointed that you aren't going to have to toilet anyone for this job. Your wiping skills really need some work! Catherine, the boys, and I are having a blast. I'm never leaving.

Carolyn said...

The first couple days have been pretty good. My body is always achy by the time I get home. It involves lots of bending, lifting, running around, and hours in front of the computer. Some of the stuff that I have to do is super monotonous, but it is money so I am grateful for it.