Monday, May 3, 2010

Life in 83440

We love our new apartment. The rent is cheaper than our last place (only by $25 a month but cheaper is cheaper). We lucked out in getting a first floor apartment. Hurray for no stairs!! There is much more natural light than the gloomy Provo basement apartment. It is only a few blocks from campus, and we no longer have to go to a laundromat to use the internet. Life is good.


Our kitchen is incredibly tiny, so we have to put the table in the livingroom. After many back and neck aches from watching tv on the floor, we finally gave in and bought a fouton.

I told Mike to pose like Vanna with our tv. It is so old that we cannot get the cable to work at all. Cat, that is the table that I will eventually need your expertise in fixing up. For now, we need it to act as our tv stand.


One of the things we were most excited about this apartment was a much larger bathroom. We now have a tub!! When we first moved in we could not figure out how to get the shower to quit spraying so dang hard. It was crazy powerful and showers were painful. There was so much steam that when we opened the bathroom door the fire alarm would go off. Luckily Mike figured out how to fix that and showering is a much less instense experience now.



The tiny kitchen actually has more cupboard space than our last much larger kitchen.


Hope to see some blog poasts in the near future from Mom and Dad, Steve and Emma, Cat and Jason, Becca, and Melanie. Most of you fools have been bad. Just sayin. Love you!

7 comments:

Buckanator said...

Are you pregnant, Ro?

Carolyn said...

hahahaha. When I looked at that picture I thought, "Hmm...that shirt makes me look pregnant. Becca will certainly notice."

Buckanator said...

Ha ha ha! get used to the pregnancy questions from me. I ask Catherine at least monthly just for funsies!

Catherine Call said...

She is not joking. Monthly...at least!

Carrie--you be the bestest blog queen in all the world. You must have taken lessons from Emmy!

LUUUUUURVE YOU!!!

Catherine Call said...

ps--the apartment looks really nice! Que cute el futon!

EmmaJ said...

Hey it looks great! Reading about your basement apartment made me thinking fondly on our too... especially as I am in week 3 of trying to unpack all of our stuff! Our last place had a ton of closets and our house has none, so we finally need to buy some dressers.

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

I like your futon and the apartment. Thanks for being such a good poaster. (We've been using the word "poast" for so long, I think it's destined to become an official alternate spelling.) Every day I think, I should poast something and I can't think of anything to write about. I'll for sure do something this week.