Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!

Things that will forever remind me of our bomb MOM!
-Nap times and interruptions during them by "salesman" ;)
-Sam's Club and their flat bed carts
-Daily newspaper crossword puzzles
-Passing by the old studio
-Making my bed with perfectly tucked sheet corners
-Classic books and reading them out loud
-Hershey's with almonds
-Casseroles!!!
-Speed walking
-Jumpers
-Fabric stores
-Bebe guns

Umm...these are just a few! Mom, you are Superwomen! Thank you for everything! I can't believe I got so lucky with such a beautiful, talented, and loving Mom. I love you so much! Happy Mother's Day.

PS-everyone feel free to add to my list!!

5 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Thank you, Mel. I love you too. Here are a couple of things you left off: 1. Homecooked, nourishing meals served 3X daily on delicate china; 2. Live floral arrangements scattered among the impeccable home decor.

Catherine Call said...

Here are mine to add to the list:

Primary songs
Christmas songs
Christmas lights
Tang
puzzles
Choir performances
pianos
cryptoquotes
Law&Order
Monk
big vans
potato soup
community swimming pools
mini candy bars
going to the temple
cleaning anything the proper way
Comet and scrubbers
the month of May
King Benjamin's sermon
Where the Red Fern Grows
cutting out the fluff and getting down to the doctrine

Marmie, these are just a few things that scratch the surface of my sweet and abiding memories of you. I love you so much. Truly. Anything good about me I learned from you.

Stacey said...

Is it alright if I add a couple for my "2nd Mom"?

letting me drink water at dinner (instead of milk like everyone else)but making sure I know it's good for me. I saw Steven drink out of the carton on more than one occasion:)

allowing me to help clean the studio bathrooms on saturday mornings

making sure I got my turn during family scripture time

watching ER

feeding me string cheese and pickles

making bride's maid dresses for my wedding

teaching me to properly feed my child and babysitting me and Brody when I was sick and he was an infant.

I learned a lot from watching you teach and discipline your kids. I'll never forget all the days and nights spent at your home. Stacey:)

Carolyn said...

Suez
Boggle
Big words
First Aid/CPR
Swishy pants
Walking sticks
Leading the music
Comet
Green Scrubbers

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

These are all things that remind me of YOU ALL. Thanks for so many sweet memories. Stacey, it was so nice of you to add your memories.