We live a mile from the Manassas Civil War Battlefield, so last week, when the temperature was a little lower and the humidity too, we took a family fieldtrip there to do the one mile trail loop. It is a national park and so there are great historical markers and memorials.
This is Steve and Betty at the Henry Farm House. Mrs. Henry died here when she refused to leave her bed because she was sick and ended up getting killed by shrapnel. Her grave is in a fenced off site just outside the house.
Manassas Battlefield is also the place where Stonewall Jackson got the Stonewall nickname.
3 comments:
Very cool. Just last weekend Mike and I were reading about the battle site in a National Geographic.
We NEED to come visit you.
Please come and visit!
Anybody, please come and visit.
I love it. Carolyn and myself will sure find our way down to y'all as soon as we can. I loved visiting the civil war sites in Missouri and Kansas when I was there on my mission.
Post a Comment