Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My long awaited return!

Well folks....I know i have pretty much been blog-absent as of late, but I have no good excuse other than being super busy. I ammm baack!! No le worry.

I just put on a recital for school on Saturday after preparing my students all year. I felt very good about it, and everyone in the audience seemed to enjoy it as well. My students had a blast too. I have three dances classes at ICS, and each class did 2 dances. They finished with a country dance all together as the finale. I am relieved that it is over.....aaahhhhh.
Here are pics of me with each dance class. (8th, 7th, HS)







Upcoming events in the life of Melanie Johns:
-BBA recital May 21
-Last day of work at school May 23
-Trip to Boston for Zar's graduation May 24-30
-Wedding June 23
-Honeymoon in Cancun June 25-July 2
-Vacation with Mother-in-law in Mexico City July 3- July 8
-Move to Bethesda, Maryland where Zar will work for the NIH August 1
-Leave for England October 1

So....Lots of big things coming up!! I miss and love you all!! Cant wait to see most of you in 9 weeks....be prepared to get your invite in the mail soon.

ps--here is a random pic of Becca and I in front of the house around Christmas that I was supposed to post months ago...obviously! ooooops

7 comments:

Catherine Call said...

I am so glad you posted! I wish there was video of your very first recital! You look so cute with all your students! I am getting so excited to see everybody at the wedding! What hairstyle did you pick??!

Buckanator said...

I'm so sad you're life's going to be so boring over the next few months. Maybe I can send you some movies to watch or something. I kinda look like a pregnant stork in that picture.

Catherine Call said...

Beck, if YOU look pregnant, then I look pregnant with septuplets. What the fa-reak????!!!

EmmaJ said...

Wait, you'll be in MD! You can come and see us! I say "you visit us" because we'll have 3 kids and that means we won't be going on day trips.

Carolyn said...

Hi zoo fren.

I am glad the recital went so well!! You look cute in the pictures.

You forgot to mention your trip to Idaho to see your bfsf.

Melanie said...

Cat-sorry no videos.

Becca-you def need to come visit me EVERY week so I don't go too crazy out of boredom! tehe

Emma-of course we will be visiting....hopefully frequently. I was looking on the Metro site and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take more than three hours...does that sound right? Cant wait!!

Carneen-how about you just be my fren and come be with me once school is out? k? k!

EmmaJ said...

I know the train to us from Union Station takes about an hour. So if you take the Metro to Union Station and then they train to Manassas, which may be faster. Or take the red line to Metro center, switch to the orange and ride that to the end and then we can pick you up. Either way, it would be great to see you.