Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our humble and temporary new home!!







We arrived in Silver Spring, MD late Sunday night. We made it to our new home after quite the ordeal of telling our ride the wrong airport, then having to spend $80 on a cab ride home. We are renting out a bedroom in a 3 bedroom, one bathroom home. Apparently, we live right in the heart of "Spanish Harlem". We currently only have one roommate (the homeowner), but her 16 year old son will be moving into the other bedroom in 2 weeks...yayy! haha.

Since we arrived I have only gotten lost for five hours (and that is because I have only left the house once), sweat off 3 lbs, and made enough space out of no space at all. Zar leaves the house around 7:30 every morning and takes the hour-long trek to work using public transportation. He leaves work around 5:30 pm. I have stayed busy somehow....the hours go pretty quickly. The day ends and I wonder where it went. We plan to go on excursions into DC at least once every weekend to visit all the awesome things there.

We leave here on September 28th....can't wait. Other plans for the summer include: getting back in shape, meeting beautiful Iris and spending time with the Johns family, celebrating my 22nd birthday, going camping with all the Rhodes (I'm not sure if that is supposed to be singular or plural ha!) scholars in Shenandoah, and having the official "bon voyage" weekend with the Rhodes peeps.

Here are some pics of our awesome room, bathroom, kitchen, and non-living room.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is way less ghetto than I was imagining! What's up with all the stuff in the living room?

Buckanator said...

Not too bad. At least the floor is hard wood. Carpet would have likely been narsty! You should go out again, but take the bus far away from Spanish Harlem. Far, far away. You neglected to mention the dog! Is it nice?

Anonymous said...

Carolyn: The living room is used as my landlords "storage" area. haha

Becca: I can't decide where I am more safe....alone on the streets, or alone at home...lol. The dog is nice. She keeps her in the kennel when she is out of the house. I feel bad for the poor dog.

Catherine Call said...

I love these posts! You can fill up your time posting on the blog every day!!!!

Catherine Call said...

and also....

This is much nicer than I was picturing!!