Can you believe it??!! We can't. Time has just flown by. Here are little tid bits of insight into our English lives!
-I work 2 part-time jobs. For 16 hours a week I work as a receptionist at a hotel, and for about 8 more hours I teach dance.
-Zar has an extremely flexible schedule, but usually goes into lab around 9 and comes home (without any hw) around 6.
-We went to London and did all the touristy things and stayed in an awesomely small hotel room for cheap!
-Our apartment has become the cool hang out place because it is bigger and way nicer than the rest of the college accommodations.
-The sun (if there is any) starts to go down between 3:30 and 4pm....que triste.
-Chocolate is amaaaazing here....I found a new and deeper appreciation for it since we moved here.
-We have been going through serious Mexican food withdrawals, and there is no end in sight.
-We have realllly come to love Indian food off all flavors, colors, and textures! We do not discriminate!
-Zar plays on the JV university basketball team and loves it more than he loved football.
-I feel like my winter wardrobe is severely lacking, but I have still managed to resist shopping. (Mostly because I have a husband to hold me accountable for every pound I spend...hehe)
-We have about 100 more acquaintances than I would like, but we have also made some really great friends from all over the world.
-I realized that I don't even notice the British accent anymore. At work I even find myself adapting to the accent just so guests understand me better. ie: lesure instead of leeesure (spelled phonetically)
-Food is bleehhh. I have had more bangers and mash, and fish and chips to last me a lifetime! Our most used phrases at the dinner table are, "pass the salt" and "pass the hot sauce".
-We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with some other American Rhodies....I'm making funeral potatoes. (ps-I need that recipe mom) It won't compare to Thanksgiving with Mom and Dad :(
-Zar's roommate Dan, who is Germany for the year, will be visiting Sunday to Wednesday.
-Zar and I have become addicted to a game I have on my phone called Fruit Ninja. We have a small 3 round tournament every night before bed haha. If you have a smart phone, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Well, that's all folks. Becca, you need to post. Mom, you need to post. Cat, you need to post. TAG you are alllll it!
ps--what's the deal with the Christmas gift exchange this year? Let's get the ball rollin! ha...by "let's" I mean Carolyn (our designated organizer)!
Here are some pics of our lives. I don't know how to get the placement right, as well as allow you to "big" them. Help?
Hello world!
3 years ago

4 comments:
Good job, Menanie!! I could big those pics easy. Just don't mess with the formating, and it works out fine. Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Zar, I bet you have never had so much free time in your life without homework. I love that you are doing basketball. Mel, you have to make mom's rolls or else it won't even be Thanksgiving at all!!!! You're right, Mom and Cat do need to poast.
I loved the pictures. If the food's not great, at least the chocolate is fine! Zar, not many of us have been on college sports teams on two continents. (In fact, I don't know anyone else.)
So, Becca and Catherine, I look forward to your posts!
I'm so glad you poasted! I love hearing about your lives across the pond. You guys look so cute!!
THIS IS CAROLYN POASTING THIS COMMENT!:
I loved this posty. That is one tiny little hostel room. I am at Cat's this week, so we need to skype some time during the day. Nevermind. Cat just said their Skype is jacked up.
Post a Comment