Giving thanks:
We loved all your posts and the fact that everyone posted! We are thankful for all of you and are grateful that you're all healthy and happy. We had a wonderful day with Becca and Ryan, Lydia and Josh, and Tutu. We enjoyed all the traditional menu items served on Grandma Clyda's dishes:
- Turkey and stuffing (by the way, we cooked the turkey in a roaster to free up the oven, and it was the tenderest turkey ever--really fantastic. We're not sure it had anything to do with the roaster or if it was just dumb luck.)
- Green bean casserole
- Home made rolls
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Cranberry relish
- Home made pies (strawberry, pumpkin, and apple) with ice cream
I am always amazed that it takes less time to eat Thanksgiving dinner than it does to even make the gravy. It was a lovely feast and we have tons of left overs...yeahhhhhhh!
I am grateful for
Bill: The gospel and that we can be together forever. My kids and grandkids.
Mary Lee: All the kids and their spouses and that they all love each other and us. Five and 1/2 wonderful grandchildren. Health all around...really. The scriptures and the gospel. Blueberries, strawberries, and chocolate (not necessarily in that order).
Becca: Baby Ry Ry (romantic grin); my family; our house.
Ryan: Becca (longingly) and her willingness to put up with me; food and Mom's (mama Johns) good cooking; ice cream; freedom of religion.
Lydia: Josh (kiss, kiss); you guys' hospitality.
Josh: My little Lyddie (giggle); that we can move into Becca and Ryan's apartment in January; Lydia's stuffing.
Aren't newlyweds so great? Love is in the air.
The dinnerware
Apple pie!
Sausage and apple stuffing...with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme....
Ry Ry and Becca
Josh and Lyddie
MLJ and WSJ






6 comments:
That half baby is particularly wonderful. Right? Right? That apple pie looks gorgeous and delicious, and I hardly even like apple pie. I love all of the pictures of the googally-eyed couples. Becca, both Mike and I really like your hair.
Lydia made the apple pie and the stuffing...both super good!
Sounds and looks yummy! And those dishes are beautiful.
Our pics were all taken on my iPad and then I used an app called PicFrame to group them and round the corners.
Quueeee fun! Turkey from a roaster eh? Sounds delish! I was definitely missing your rolls, relish, and strawberry pie.
Yay for all of these toasty poasties!
You guys made it super fancy! Love it!
I am so glad Lydi and Josh came with BoboandRyry. I can feel all that newly wed love from here!
Thank you John's for having Josh and I!!! We had a blast. :)
Post a Comment