So this has been the year when Instagram has pushed my blogging aside. Not sure if I am going to keep my personal blog going. Instagram is so much easier and instant.
Anyway...
I had to pull my Project Life scrapbook out to be able to recount our year. I'm just too old to remember.
January- Was a fun month starting with our annual trip to DC on New Years Day to go to the museums (because everyone else is still recovering from the night before and the city and trains are so quiet in the morning). Betty and Steve went ice skating and we had our first snow day before the month was over.
February- Betty and I made Valentines for her class. I read some really good books. And Oscar broke his leg.
March- Oscar picked out a lime green cast (his dinosaur leg). We had a really good snow day where we had enough snow to make a snowman! (But poor Oscar could only just sit in his snowpants and make snowballs.) We went to Orlando for Spring Break and spend 2 days at Disney World with my parents! Spent time with my friend, Michelle, from England and her family. Oscar turned 3.
April- Oscar got his cast off! It was on for 5 weeks and he had 9 x-rays taken of his leg. We started to prep our garden. Betty picked a hangnail on her big toe and it got infected and really nasty. Steve spent a week in FL for work, and while he was gone I bought a lot of things at Ikea.
May- Iris turned 2 and the crazy switch was flipped. I did a 5k Color Run with some friends from church in Baltimore. Betty had a Kindergarten concert. The Office aired it final episode (and I cried). Things started growing in our garden.
June- Kindergarten ended. We started going to the park a lot. We created our Summer of Fun list and started by going to play tennis a couple times a week. I got strep for the first time ever! (AND IT SUCKED BIG TIME AND IS THE NASTIEST THING EVER!) My mom arrived in preparation for The Great American Road Trip.
July- I, my mom and the kids left for The Great American Road Trip! I fell in love with Iowa and the corn fields and farms. On day 5, the van had a heart (engine) attack and we had to be towed 190 miles from WY to UT. We bought a new engine and that sucked. We spent the months playings and swimming and playing and swimming with cousins in Utah and had a great time. I did another 5k, this time with my sister Megan. Bettty had 12 inches of her hair cut off to donate to Locks of Love. Iris burned her hand. Steve turned 33, but was all alone on his birthday.
August- Steve arrived in UT and we got to play and swim and play with all of you guys! We really had a great time and loved playing Game of Things with all of you. I, Steve, and the kids drove across the country again, and our new engine survived. Betty turned 6 and we celebrated by eating inside Chick-Fil-A, not just gettting drive through. Betty mastered riding her bike without training wheels in 3 days.
September- School started and Betty is in 1st grade and Oscar is in his first year of preschool. Iris doesn't miss them. We sent our babysitter off on a mission and upgraded her little sister to first place on our call list. Betty started reading chapter books.
October- Oscar had his first fieldtrip to a pumpkin farm. We all went to church together in the same car. (This rarely happens.) The government shut down (and that put a freeze on all my "fun" shopping). I baked 3 cakes for a wedding reception of a girl in our ward. Iris moved into a big girl bed since she had mastered climbing in and out of her crib. Steve got a flat tire at church, which lead to the longest Sunday of our lives. Steve and I created an amazing yak costume for Oscar for Halloween.
November- Fall in VA is gorgeous!!! Mary Lee came to visit (well, not us, but we got to see her!) We had family pictures taken in the most freezing wind ever. We got to FaceTime with my grandfather in Wales on his 91st birthday. Betty started rocking at swim lessons and got moved up to level 2. We stuffed ourselves silly on Thanksgiving.
December- The best month every year! Buddy the Elf helped me decorate for Christmas. Our house made me smile every time I walked in the door. Celebration Week started with Steve and I celebrating our 11th anniversary by spending the most we have ever spent on one meal (and it was so worth it) and ended with my 34th birthday and some really great sushi. Dates two weekends in a row is a super special luxury for us.
Hello world!
3 years ago










4 comments:
EMMY!! I KNEW I could count on you!!! Great post! I kept laughing at all your funny lines! That costume of Oscar's is unvelievably amazing!!!! Ps. The sickest I have EVER been is when I had strep. I totally feel you! I thought I was gonna DIE!!
-The Yak costume was the greatest thing to ever happen to Halloween.
-I loved your Buddy the Elf decor.
-Playing Game of Things is probably my favorite reunion memory. So fun.
Instagram posts are too short to give up on blogging! Keep em coming.
So glad I got to see you and all those hilariously cute kids so many times throughout the year!
Post a Comment