Friday, March 7, 2014

Merlosavic at 10.5 Months

It's been a while since I have written about little Mara. When she was first born I often asked Cat random and specific questions about the boys when they were babies. "Carolyn, that was almost a decade ago." I was surprised that she couldn't remember. I mean come on, how do you not remember your baby's 2 month head measurement? ;) Now Mel asks me similar questions, and most of the time I cannot remember. "Mel, that was over two weeks ago." So I figure it is time to document a few things.

  • Her current nicknames: Marla, Merla, Merlas, Merlosavic, Gidg (most frequent), Skidg, Gidgy, Skidgy, Bubbas 
  • She is finally crawling like a semi-normal human being after first rolling everywhere and then doing the weirdest scooch I have ever seen.
  • Mara is a pro at imitating sounds and is constantly making psychotic noises. She rolls her " r's " nonstop, makes kissy noises, and screeches like a banshee. 
  • Her first word was "mama" close to 9 months old. (I really can't remember.) She also says "dada." Her favorite word by far right now is "hi" with a wave. It. kills. me.
  • She pulls herself up onto and walks along furniture. 
  • As soon as Mara sees Nana on Skype, she starts to play peek a boo with her by ducking below the couch.
  • If someone had told me when she was a newborn that Mara would still be an awful sleeper at 10.5 months, I would have been very depressed. Oi. I feel like I regularly lower my expectations for her sleep, then two weeks later she regresses further. It's a major bummer. A lot of the problems could be solved if we didn't live in an apartment complex with paper thin shared walls.  
  • She loves small children and old people. 
  • Her 3-6 month clothes are getting a little small for her, but the 6-9 month clothes are still too big. She's still in the 1st percentile for weight and height. Her discerning palette (read: insane pickyness) isn't helping the matter. 
  • She is very happy and super fun until it is time to change her diaper, get dressed, go to church, or eat solids (basically any time she is not allowed to roam free).
Mike and I have decided to keep her. 

5 comments:

Melanie said...

You forgot to list Mara Lous as a nickname! Isn't she already saying "I love Tia Zoo" also?? hehe

I love this CF so so bad! Thanks for the SUPER fun poasty.

Buckanator said...

My baby is going to be the best sleeper ever because I'm such a good mom. Maybe if you went off dairy or gluten free she would be a better eater too... Just some friendly suggestions.

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Great posty Carolyn. I can't imagine you people not remembering those important facts. Why, back the 70's when all four of you guys were born, mothers committed to memory (and of course, attractive scrapbooks) vital details and progress markers. Go ahead...ask me something, anything...

Catherine Call said...

Oh, Gidg!!

I yuuuv her!

Carrie, I sure am glad that you do these poasties.

Make sure you heed carefully such sage advice from a seasoned, professional parent like Becca because, clearly, I have failed you miserably!

Mom....hilarious, per usual.

Catherine Call said...
This comment has been removed by the author.