
Hey all you fine dudes and dudettes,
Thanks for all your posts. Here are some pictures of our Galápagos adventure. We spent a morning out on a finca (farm) where we saw many huge turtles, and lots of birds, flowers and other wildlife. The funny thing was, when we returned to our hotel, we looked out the back window to see a seal swimming in the pool, and on the side of the pool was a huge sea lion, two iguanas, and a couple of red crabs, with all kinds of great birds flying overhead. The moral of this story is...you don't have to go far to commune with nature while in Galápagos. There are signs that say "slow...bird crossing". When a bird gets run over in the road, they actually paint a blue heart on the road to commemorate the deceased avian. I know I shed a few tears. They're pretty serious about protecting the wildlife there.
We love you all. Please watch for birds crossing the road.
Mom and Dad
6 comments:
Pictures were great! I hope we get to visit the islands when we come down.
Make sure to click on the pictures and see them big to get the full benefit--especially the one with the sea lion, the iguanas, the seal and the crabs. You can see them all if you look closely.
Bill with the turtle is our pc wallpaper for the week
Those are really cool pictures. I showed the roomies. They like 'em too. That turtle is crazy huge.
Mylanta, I bed that turtle poops a big poop!
Becca, always interested in all things fecal.
Post a Comment