Saturday, March 29, 2008

We're back


Hello chilluns,

We got back safely yesterday from our trip to Cuenca. It was a pleasant trip and the five missionaries that Dad interviewed were doing well. After the interviews, we went into downtown Cuenca to look hang out and take pictures and then we drove into the mountain to this cool restaurant where they cook fresh trout. It was delicious and we enjoyed the hour we spent there. The roads were bad but could have been worse; there was this one spot where a huge landslide had left a humungous boulder (4-5 times the size of a car) in the road. Traffic was backed up waiting for the caterpillars to clear out the lane and then we passed one lane at a time.
I'm going to try to post a slide show for you to see but if you don't see it that means I wasn't successful.

We found out last night that our missionary who was robbed and shot four weeks ago was robbed again at gunpoint. Poor thing--he's not even in the same sector. He was a little shaken but doing okay. His companion says he wants a new companion as it's apparent that Elder Mora somehow attracts the robbers.

We love and miss you all and pray for you constantly.

4 comments:

Catherine Call said...

WONDERFUL pictures!! Marmie, you are such a DOLL! You're too young to be my mother!

Thanks for the update. I seriously can't believe the stuff that goes on there. Jason's parents want Bryce(who is putting in his papers in a few months) to be sent to your mission. I bet I could change their minds with a few of these stories!!!!

We pray for you always, too!!

I love you!

EmmaJ said...

It is great to see you guys on the blog again! I can't believe that poor Elder though! But, on the other hand, he has escaped to robberies at gun point!

Buckanator said...

You guys look so cute. I'm coming, I'm coming!

Carolyn said...

I love the pictures. Good to have you back on the blog. :) My goodness-- that poor missionary!!!!He will have some pretty cool "Well, on MY mission..." stories. He could totally top the RM's here.