
We had a pretty busy month in March. Steve was gone for 2 weeks, Betty started crawling, and talking, and just getting into things (her favorites being shoes and books (there is a little bit of both of us in her!)) Betty and I also started going to a Kindermusik class. It is a little silly, but she enjoys being around the other babies and the singing and dancing. I am by far the most lively mom, but that is probably because we dance and sing all the time at home anyway. We signed up for the class because some of our neighbors are doing it, and I need friends that I can do stuff with, even if I have to pay to be there. We also have started a swimming class. Today was Betty's first day, and she wasn't too sure about the water at first (that comes from Steve) but after a while she was enjoy it and even splashed her hands a couple of times. I was the little girl who ran and jumped in the pool before I could swim while my mom was paying at the ticket booth... so it Betty has any of me in her hopefully these classes will stop that from happening. We really hope that April goes by quickly because on May 1st we are heading out to Oregon for 3 weeks! I haven't been back home in a couple years and really miss my hometown and the beautifulness that Oregon is. We are spending 8 days in Napa Valley, California with my whole family and we hope to travel and see some friends and some sites in Oregon too.
That is all for our news for now... at least all that I can think of. If you haven't checked out Betty's first real word yet, go to my blog and see which parent she loves the most! (We are still working on "Nana" but should have it all ready for when we come to visit)
There will be more swimming pictures on my blog at the end of the week.
5 comments:
Who is your underwater photographer?
I checked out your website and I think you misunderstood Betty's first words. I'm pretty sure it was Nana-na-na-na-na....
That picture is cool. The classes sound first. Emma and Mom, you are both wrong. "Carolyn" was the first word.
Sounds like you and Betty have way too much fun! I can't believe it's warm enough there to be swimming.
The pools here are open year round! Our class is at 1:30 and that is the perfect time right now, but in a month I think we'll switch to the 5:30 because it won't be as hot and bright then.
Brady loved his swim lessons when he was about 8 months old. We haven't gone back since.....I am quite neglectful. It's just that it is so freezing here for 9 months of the year that I have a hard time getting excited to go to a pool.
Post a Comment