Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hello, folks!




Dear all of you (and you really are so dear to us),

I have been missing all of you more than usual today for no particular reason. We had a wonderful week with los Ibañez, but as you know me very well, it is nice to have the week over. It was much less stressful once we got on the road as then I didn't have to worry about meals, because we just ate in restaurants. Yay!! We did a total of 5 zone conferences and one fireside and Elder Ibañez interviewed several zone leaders and all of the office staff here in Guayaquil. His wife was really nice and easy to be around. She preferred to speak English as she has made it a life-long pursuit to learn English. She speaks English only to her children and her husband speaks only Spanish to them. Her vocabulary and usage are very good but her accent is pretty strong and once in awhile it was hard to understand. I will post a picture of them and of us.

Well, Becca and Stephen will have only one more birthday with us here in Ecuador. I know we've never been really great about birthday celebrations, but much less so since we've been here. We love you both and are so grateful to be your parents (just not grateful enough to send you a gift). Steve, tell us about your adventures and training in D.C. Catherine, we're anxious to hear about life there in Minnesota (can you hear the accent as I say "Minnesota"?). I'm excited that you're going to do an oral history for Tutu. (I posted a suggestion on your blog). Becca, we're excited to see a picture of you for reasons I can't divulge. Carolyn, now that you are a girl of leisure, we want a full report on your trip to El Paso and life in Provo. Mel, I know it is hard to get access to the internet, but go to the library if you have to so you can post something (along with a picture) on the blog. Emma, thanks for being so consistent and holding us all together. Jason, we'd love to hear a word or two from you about life at the Mayo. (Speaking of which, they eat tons of mayonnaise here--just thought I would throw that in at this opportune moment).

Is there anything you all want to know about what we are doing here? I feel like I've told you all the interesting stuff. We miss you terribly and pray for you constantly.


Love, Mom and Dad

6 comments:

EmmaJ said...

We love and miss you both too. I'll post about our Virginia adventures once we get home. We have been able to visit with old friends, which has been really nice.

EmmaJ said...

BTW I dreamed last night that we were visiting you, but you lived in a little Bavarian cottage upstairs above the gift store. It was a very strange living arrangement.

Carolyn said...

I always have dreams about you guys. One week, I swear you were in my dreams like every night. I miss you mucho. I will post tomorrow. I am muy tired right now.

Carolyn said...

P.S. I liked your poast a lot. :)

Stephen said...

A most excellent post, mine mudder. Work in Virginia has been pretty uninteresting and lacking in postworthiness, but I'll post something when we get home. We love you very much.

Anonymous said...

It's great to know we're in your dreams...even though we don't really live in a Bavarian cottage above a gift shop.