Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Could Be the New Survivor [Wo]Man




Mike taught me how to locate, identify, and cut my own fresh asparagus. Basically I think I could survive on my own just about anywhere now…Well, at least anywhere that asparagus grows wild. So that you too can survive in the wilderness, I will teach you how to be as cool as Mike and me. Is what we gonna do is...

Step 1: Drive to Idaho: Asparagus grows wild alongside the irrigation canals that are beside the roads just outside of Rexburg.
Step 2: Find a bush that looks like the one in the picture.
Step 3: Look under and around the bush. A few shoots just might be hiding there. (This was my least favorite part; it required me to actually touch the plant.)
Step 4: Get the knife that your studly boyfriend keeps in his jockey box (you have to call it that since you are in ID) and cut those suckas off close to the bottom.
Step 5: Take some super cayooot pictures to document the experience.

6 comments:

Buckanator said...

You really are quite the wilderness woman. You didn't even mention that after you cooked it you discovered a worm on one of them. I have never heard of a jockey box.

Buckanator said...

PS Don't ever wear those shorts again.

EmmaJ said...

So you found protein too (the worm! Good job! Now if only we lived closer I could can it for you (see my blog).

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Ahh, what would we do without fashion advise? I was thinking how cute the shorts were....and we know I am the ultimate in fashion. (You're all still arguing to see who gets my hippie tourist pants from Galapagos.)

Who knew asparragus grew wild in the hills of Idaho!? Was it good?

Anonymous said...

I actually like the shorts Carolyn...not for public obviously!! hehe did your pee smell after eating it?? haha

Catherine Call said...

Ahhhh Asparagus pee. My favorite.

Who knew asparagus grew wild??

I like the shorts. Next you'll be wearing stretch pants like me.

What the heck is a jockey box?--Sounds scandalous.

Shank you for the poast.