Becca and I went to Monticello on a whim a few weeks ago for a short weekend trip. It was fun to see Grandpa, and he was happy to see us too. Becca and I are the hugest dunders ever though. On the way up, we passed the Crescent Junction exit (the one that leads to Moab and Monticello) to get off of I-70 but did not realize it until we were pretty darn close to the Colorado border and Grand Junction. Oops. That tacked on a fun extra hour of driving. (Of course, we both needed to pee.)
Once we finally got there, Grandpa took us on a really long drive in the mountains. Yvonne had us tally the deer. Grandpa and Yvonne made us lots and lots and lots of good food. Becca felt like she gained ten pounds. (That'll be the day.)
Marcia and Jill came to Monticello Saturday night and chatted it up with us for a few hours. It was good to see them and catch up with Blacksies.
5 comments:
Thanks for the great post!! You and Becca look great and Grandpa looks great too. It will come as no surprise to anyone that I also have nearly arrived at Grand Junction myself. Something must be done about the road.
So glad Marcia and Jill came to see you.
Ha ha, Mom. You are a crazy fool just like us. I'm certainly not shocked though. It was great to see grandpa. Thanks for poasting that for me Ro!
Did you guys set up and play with the Nintendo??! haha
So so so so cute!! You all look GREAT! Grandpa is a doll!
I am quite jealous that you guys got to go. It's been almost 5 years since I've been in Monticello. I love that place.
Nintendo. Penny candies. Bikes. Cousins. Fountain soda with Mike. Freedom. Beautiful mountain. Jeep rides.
Post a Comment