Thursday, October 8, 2009

Top Ten or so

I had such a wonderful time at Catherine's house, I did not want to leave. I've been so sad the past 24 hours missing my boys and my sweet sister-friend Catherine. I hope I can go back again soon! The following are some of my favorite things about this last visit in no particular order.
  • Spending six wonderful weeks with some of my beasties, I mean besties.
  • Scripture study time. We acted out Nephi building the boat, pulled the boys around on a towel, breaking the liahonas (Catherine's decorative balls) because Aaron hit Brady, fixing it by being righteous, and arriving safely at the promised land all while singing "Nephi's Courage".
  • Having my own personal cook.
  • Trips to McDonalds for ice cream.
  • Reaffirming my spot as Brady and Aaron's favorite aunt.
  • Buying Jason hot new glasses.
  • Going to the apple orchard.
  • Watching shows on Bravo with Catherine.
  • Complaining about Catherine cleaning too much.
  • Refinishing hardword floors.
  • Getting to see Google as a google.
  • Seeing the progress Brady has made in the last 6-8 months.
  • Brady saying that he's a google too.
  • Cutting up all the nuks in the house. (The boys were very sad, but it was easier than Catherine ever anticipated.)
  • Passing my boards.
  • Reading a novel when I should have been studying for boards.
  • 500,000,000 trips to Walmart.
  • Jason letting Catherine stay up late with me.
  • Watching conference with family. Well, two sessions anyway.
  • Catherine volunterring me to substitute for a 4 year old primary class.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! JEALOUS!!

Stephen said...

When we get settled in Virginia you can come and stay in our scary basement for six weeks. Are you in AZ now?

Carolyn said...

I am oh so proud of you guys for cutting up those dang nuks.

Yay for Bobo passing her boards!!

Catherine Call said...

WEEEEEE MISS YOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!

I loved your top "ten" list.

Still going strong sans nuks, bytheway!

What was that hillarious thing you said that I wanted to post on the blog? I can't remember? We were in the kitchen and I laughed for ten minutes?!?! Do you remember?

Marcia said...

Way to go Becca--you passed the boards and didn't even seem thrilled about it. Smartie!

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Becca wins the prize for the most postings (poasteens) in one month--all done the same day. GREAT JOB!!!! We marvel that we can still understand the Beccanese language without a urim and thummim.