Within 48 hours of discovering that the stench coming from Brady and Aaron's room was from moldy carpet and and carpet pad Catherine and I had ripped up the carpet, removed tack board and staples, sanda floor, and polyurethaned it up. We figured that stupid people refinish hard wood floors every day, and it wouldn't look or smell worse than it already did, so we went for it. If we ruined it, we could always just have new carpet placed. I think I turned out great. There were a couple of spots where mold removal attempts tinted the wood a blue color, but it looks WAY better than it did. Catherine loves it, and we had a blast doing it. Best of all, Brady and Aaron will have a hard time ruining it. Here are some pictures of us prepping and sanding the floor. Catherine will have to poast pictures of the final results.
5 comments:
Holy cow that was a lot of posting! Great job on the floor.
You guys are definitely CFs!!! Cat, why the heck are you wearing a UT shirt?? YUCK!...I need to hook you up with a UTEP shirt or something!
Those masks are hot. No...they are hottt.
Mel, PLEASE buy me a UTEP shirt! I would love it! I bought that UT one at a Walgreens!! HAAH!
The floor turned out great. The stains are still there buy not too noticable. I like it better than the carpet any day. I am a HWF fan!
BEEEEEECA--couldn't have done it with out you.
You are the poster girls for Home Depot. Way to go!!!
Post a Comment