Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mi casa es MI casa

We love having our own place!!! Getting the apartment into its current shape has been a long process. Moving bites. Mike has put in lots of hours while I am at work getting the apartment clean, unpacked, and semi-furnished. He is the bestest.
I will start with our barest room: The livingroom, as you can see, consists of our donated tv, dvd player, and digital converter box. We have been able to watch the Olympics until today. NBC was half of our total channels. Now we are down to Universal Sports. We are hoping to get it back tomorrow. We have not decided whether or not we are even going to bother getting a couch down here, since we will be moving soon anyways.
We are proud of our new kitchen table and microwave. Thank goodness for gift cards to Target and Walmart! Our bathroom is tiny.


This is our spare bedroom. Right now it is really the "Carolyn, I didn't know what to do with your stuff so I put it in here" room. I will get to it eventually.....maybe when we move out.


This is the bed that Mike made a couple of years ago with the quilt that his mom and sister made for us. We finally got a split queen box spring after sleeping on the floor for three weeks.



Hurry and come visit us!!!!!








5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Couches are great, but futons are easier to move and cheaper... except you have DI, so that could be worth the hassle of a real couch. Emily Black said the DI in Bountiful has good furniture, if you wanted to take a little trip up north.

Buckanator said...

Mikey poop, I love that bed! Will you make me one? The quilt is beautiful too. Tell your Mom and Ann.

Anonymous said...

You better clear out the spare room soon cause I'm moving in!! HAHA! NOT!

Anonymous said...

hey married couple! I love that bed mike! i will be expecting a bed shaped present when I get married...

hey, i might be going to el paso in the next couple of weeks. maybe i'll need to come see you first...

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Good job, Mike. Nice and tidy and clean. I would give you a good score on a house inspection. I'm looking forward to being your guest for dinner sometime (preferably not hamburger gravy over rice). How did that turn out by the way? Mike, love the bed.