Thursday, May 20, 2010

From the Southern Hemisphere (finally)

Hey all you fine, fine folksies...

It would be an understatement to say I have been remiss in writing/contributing...lo siento mucho!! We are in the final change of our mission and it is weird to say the least but we are so busy that we don't have much time to think about it. I am starting to understand why some of our missionaries suffer anxiety during their last change...having to face the real world again and deal with all the problems and decisions that have been avoided/put off for three years. We are truly excited and thrilled to be able to see all of you again and to meet our little Oscar and play with Brady, Aaron and Betty again. Dad is looking forward to meeting Mike. We still do not have a definite date for our arrival but the plan is to go directly to Minnesota from Ecuador and then fly to SLC to visit with Steve, Em and the kidsies(they will be there), to see Carolyn and Mike and then drive home in the Honda (so sorry Carolyn and Mike).

The main news of this poast is to congratulate Melanie on an apparenty very successful recital. Tutu wrote us on Sunday and said:

"I don't like to drive Downtown or on the Freeway at night so I went to the Dress Rehearsal yesterday morning~It was AMAZING, and WONDERFUL ! I loved it. I can only imagine that the evening show was great. Mel stood out in every dance she was in~the Adv.Pointe Ballet was much better this year 'tho she has not been able to live up to her potential due to the fact that the other four girls are so weak but her Jazz/ Modern dances were fantastic~the Tap numbers were excellent too. Kris is doing a wonderful job. She has a staff of 15 and they all know what they are doing. She has 325 students!! Wow!!

"I can see why Mel is happiest when she is at the Studio~she is their STAR ! She is more appealing on stage than either Katherine OR Kris~the other teacher..."

We look forward to seeing some pictures of the recital. GOOD JOB MEL!!!!


4 comments:

Buckanator said...

Muthu, your buried treasure is in AZ, and you're not even coming to see it! No le worry though, I will bring it to you. I can't believe you guys are in your last change!!Mel, you'd better have a video of that recital so I can see it when I come.

Carolyn said...

Yay! A poast from Mama!

We are so excited to see you guys even if it means losing my baby civic.

Catherine Call said...

I believe EVERY word Tutu said. Melanie is always a VISION up on that stage. I so wish I could have been there to see her live in glorious action!

So good to hear from you, Marmie! I miss you so!

Marcia said...

We would surely love to see Melanie dance! Bring the tape to Utah, please.