Sunday, June 20, 2010

To the chuloist of Papis....

Daddy-kins! Happy happy father's day to you. I stole mel's idea from mother's day.

My list of things that remind me of you:

Mowing the lawn
tomato plants
begonia flowers
remote controls
the theme song to "Law&Order"
pioneer stories
lessons on the plan of salvation
reading scriptures in bed
burgers with extra mustard, extra pickles
plant nurseries
the month of April
Fox news
fried eggs
Splenda
grapefruit
Brooks&Dunn music
music in general
singing in the car

Dad, do you remember our drives to Tennis West that summer? I loved those drives. They are so precious to me. I love you and Mom so much and can't wait to see you in a few short weeks.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I am going to add to Cat's list:

-Whataburger
-small trucks (like the Mazda)
-palm pilots
-yellow notepads
-Quicken
-"Genealogy, I am doing it..."
-small black hair combs
-getting my hair combed (nobody does it as good as Dad!)
-clipping my toenails
-nose strips (Dad always helped me put them on.)
-nose spray (Dad would spray it for me on the count of three...)
-people who make good use of the chalkboard during church lessons
-Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" album
-liquid medicine
-nicknames

I love you mine Pappy!!

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

¡What fun things to remember from Catreen y Caroyn Girl! I love all of my chilluns so much. What a treat and a blessing to be your Dad.

Buckanator said...

I agree with everything Catherine and Carolyn said. I only have a few more items:
mechanical pencils and good pens
fruit trees
sunflower seeds
canteens
trident gum
certs
Rush Limbaugh
McDonalds pancakes (Saturday morning dates)
I loved our lunches together when I worked at L&B.

Stephen said...

BYU t-shirts
dump runs
two-man tents
the Beatles
freshly cleaned glasses
The Wonder Years
the first day of school in the fall (because of the father's blessings)
massive three-ring binders
shaving
evaporative coolers
the multiplication tables (he taught me the 4's and the 7's the morning of the test in 4th grade)
brown wallets
green-seamed dress socks