Tuesday, July 27, 2010

el mes de julio

July has flown by. Here are some of the high (and low) lights of the month:

  • Mike got to meet Pappy! The trip down to Utah has been the best part of our summer.
  • We got to meet Oscar and Sophie. :)
  • I had to get an Idaho Drivers License to prove that I am no longer a TX resident to get out of jury duty. The DPS is a much more pleasant experience up here. I can now remove it from my "Most Hellish Places on Earth" list, which pretty much just leaves the dentist and the Miami Airport.
  • I lost four pounds in one week. How?...By spending a lot of last week sitting on or hovering over the toilet. Saltines and Powerade were my bestest friends while I was getting over the fun stomach virus. (Public thank you to Bo for responding to about a million whiny texts. "Can I take ibuprofen?" "My joints hurt." "I am really wanting a pickle." "When can I eat real food?" "I feel like death." etc)
  • Mike finished his summer semester!
  • We spent most of the weekends in Blackfoot. Mike's parents let him earn some cash to subsidize our meager income by doing yard work.
  • So You Think You Can Dance, The Middle, Burn Notice, and HGTV Design Star have kept us entertained.
  • We said goodbye to another friend. Mike's old roommate, Dallas, graduated and is moving back to TN to get married. Mike started a trend. The three guys that he roomed with for the past several years will all be married by the end of August.
  • Mike brought home ALL of his Legos from his parents house to play with during his seven week break. Our living room has become a play room.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! loved the list. I too have turned to Becca with similar questions and pesterings (not sure if that is a word, but I like it). You look cute at the graduation, and I love the last pic of Mike and Payton.

Catherine Call said...

lurve your cutie-pie outfit at graduation. Thanks for doing a poast; we can always count on you or me to step up and do a great blog post when needed, right?! (Well, maybe just one of us can be counted on, but I am not saying who.)

I also liked the title, Senorita Robles would be proud!

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

Great blogging, Carolyn. Glad to see that poverty and illness haven't spoiled your happiness.

It was so good to see you and Mike in Utah.