
It has been a whirlwind of a week for Zar and I after he found out that he had been selected as one of this years Rhodes Scholars. We still don't know too many of the logistics, but we do know that we will be living in England for at least 2 years while he studies to get a masters in clinical neurology. From what we have been able to read so far, his program starts in September. We are both extremely excited to be able to travel and have this adventure. I am very nervous about many things....job prospects, money, having family (and anyone else we know) so far away, getting lonely, and missing my fav tv shows, and English food. I am most excited for the cheap travel around Europe, finally being able to be with Zar, seeing where tutu was from and dad lived, picking up an English accent, and being in England during the Olympics. We do expect a visit from alllll of you while we are there....or else. haha.
Wish you were all coming home for Christmas! But since you aren't, hopefully we will all be able to reunite for the wedding June 23 (for those of you that were unsure of the date).
3 comments:
WOW, that is amazing! And English food rocks- I can tell you all the really great stuff, like Crunchies, and pasties, and butties, and korma with chips. OH-SO-GOOD!
That is AMAZING, Mel that will be SO much fun! Oh and Emma is right there are TONS of yummy foods in England! How fun for you guys!
Congratulations to Zar and Mel and a major shout out to Zar. Back when I was a Rhodes scholar....wait, that wasn't me.
Post a Comment