Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Muses from Minnesota

It's awkward to post when you haven't posted for....let's see....a LONG time. I won't bother to explain this dearth of blogging because there is no reasonable excuse or rationalization but suffice it to say that I'm back. I am here in Rochester taking care of Brady and Aaron while Catherine and Jason are in Florida at a Radiation Oncology conference. I would love to post pictures of the boys and Catherine's beautiful house and her awesome projects, but I have no way to get my pictures from the camera to Jason's desktop, so you will have to content yourselves with post sans photos.

Little boys are hilarious!


  • Clothes that don't stay clean for five minutes. (Imagine ketchup and ice cream-covered shirts after a trip to McDonald's)

  • Prayers expressing how one's brother should modify his actions to accomodate the ease and wishes of the voice.

  • Potty talk (including substituting the words for well-loved Primary songs for those of a much baser--albeit much more hilarious--sort).

  • Spontaneous proclamations of love and forgiveness

  • Fridge and freezer doors left open almost without fail.

  • A pitch black middle-of-the-night-trip from the bedroom, past the bathroom and living room, down the stairs and into my room to say "I need to go to the bathroom"...

  • Amazing computer, electronic, and all things Wii skills

  • Amazing negotiating skills. ("Can I have a tortilla?" "No" "Okay, in 15 minutes")

Fall in Minnesota is breathtaking. The leaves are gorgeous. People are friendly. Life is good. Catherine and Jason could do a lot worse than stay here. Just don't ask me to stay for a week in January!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are back with a bang!!

Your descriptions are hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the ones about the prayers, potty talk (a given), and negotiating skills. So funny.

Marcia said...

It is so nice to hear from you Mary Lee! Have a great time with the kids. Just keep thinking how much fun their parents are having and that will help you stay cheerful.

Anonymous said...

hahaha awessssoome post Marmi. So glad you shared those funny little stories with us. Now you just need to put pics of Cat's house when you get home! :)

Catherine Call said...

The "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" song will never be the same for you, will it??!

...."tooty toot, tooty toot, fart, faaaaarty, fart, of faaaaaart, faaarty, toot!!"

Yep, we are Ah-MAAAZING parents!

Buckanator said...

Mutha... Y U B sooo witty? I love my boys!! Keep the poasteens coming!