WE LIVE IN ENGLAND NOW!!! hahaha. We are loving everything so far. Aside from the cold weather and the not so good food, we only have good things to report. It is beautiful here. Oxford itself is a hustle and bustle place with a lot of young people. I am becoming an expert bike rider, and I sometimes even do the arm signals hehe. We are loving that we finally have our OWN place to live. It is a HUGE step up from where we stayed in DC. Our apartment is in great need of some personalization...but that will have to wait till we aren't living off a one person stipend. I am in the process of applying for jobs, and I hope to be employed by November. Zar is liking his lab and research, and he continues to be extremely social! We aren't sure where we will be traveling to first, but we have received one offer to go to Scotland for Christmas....nbd. Here are some pics of our apartment, us at Windsor castle, and me on my bike. We are expecting visits from all of you very soon.
7 comments:
The apartment is a step up. I am glad you aren't getting hooted and hollered at anymore. Bad food? ...What have you tried that has been gross?
Be sure to take and post pictures of cool things that you see.
I am so glad that you are happy there! The apartment is cute, and more importantly, it is only occupied by YOU TWO! That DC shiz was insane.
Keep posting!! I miss you both!
Jolly good digs!! I know I should know, but what does "nbd" mean? ....SPEAK ENGLISH....oh wait....You look great with a helmet.
Dad opines that it means "No Big Deal"! He asks this question: "Why are you wearing a coat?" We wore t-shirts as we ate at TACO CABANA tonight!!!
I think it means "not bad dawg!"
Nice bikes, doofus!
Menanie!!! I loved this post. Your writing has such good voice. I about die every time I think of you using hand signals on your bike... with a helmet. Maybe you can get Eric Eyberg to loan you a super long orange flag to affix to the bike frame. Next time don't move the pictures around because I can't big it when you do that! I'm so glad we can g chat and skype all the time. I guess all my tears were in vain!!... seriously.
Roly, who says she's not getting hooted and hollered at any more. Holla!!!!
Catherine, please clean up your language. It's very offensive.
Mom, good thing you have a hip husband keeping you ITK (in the know) (I made that one up.) (Don't tell anyone.) (Pretend like it's legit.) ;) (winkey smile)
Steve, I demand a post from you. Yes, an entire POST!!!
Sweet!! We will be down soon. Save us a spot on your floor for us to sleep. Ok, I'm lying, we are not coming but really really wish we could. Glad to hear all is going well, XOXO
Post a Comment