Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

We just finished eating (see the menu on my blog) and now Steve is upstairs bathing the kids and putting them to bed.

We had a nice meal and have so much food leftovers!
Oscar ate three rolls and drank three glasses of cranberry juice and called it good.
Betty loved the apricot stuffing and gravy the best.
We ate one turkey breast between the five of us, soooo.... I guess we have food until Christmas.
We skipped dessert for tonight and will have pie tomorrow instead.

Things we are thankful for:
Betty, "Mommy's cooking"
Oscar, "Going on hikes with daddy" (Steve took all the kids to Bull Run this afternoon so I could finish making dinner in peace.)
Steve, "Emma's cooking"
Emma, "That we are all healthy and together for the holidays"

We hope you have all had a wonderful day.
We are thankful to be a part of your family.




4 comments:

Carolyn said...

We liked your thankful list and decided to copy you. With all you had planned to make, I am sure you will have leftovers for next Thanksgiving. Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds amaaaazing!! Wanna ship some leftovers to us? I heard it is super cheap, HA!

Great pics, as usual. I love love love Oscars big smile face!

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

I'm so glad at least Stephen appreciates Emma's wonderful cooking! How do you post pictures together in groupings...and with rounded corners? It looks great!

Catherine Call said...

Amazing menu, of course!!!

Your chitlins are so dang cute!
Miss you all!