Yesterday and today I have been thinking so much about our Rachel. I can't believe it has been 10 years since she died. I opened up the box where I have the items I got to keep from her box of special things. I have her Hanks ID card, a pink bunny, and a felt pouch filled with her precious rocks. Such treasures! I often wonder about her influence on us all. I don't know that extent of her sacred impact can ever really be known, but I am sure that we each feel it deeply and uniquely.
I cried as I held her things. I miss her. But, my heart was full of peace because of the knowledge of our Savior and the eternal plan for our family that makes it so that our loss of her is temporary.
“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (
1 Cor. 15:55).
I love you all so much.
6 comments:
Sweet post, Catherine. Everyone will be shocked, I know, but it made me cry at work. I thought of her more around Easter. I can't believe it's been a decade.
What a sweet, sad, happy, and beautifully written post. Chatrin, y u b so awesum?
Thanks Cat. So sweet. I love and miss you all.
Thanks, Cat. Best post ever.
I haven't even checked the blog for an age so I didn't see the post. Great job. You all were so good to her. She made us all better than we were.
I haven't even checked the blog for an age so I didn't see the post. Great job. You all were so good to her. She made us all better than we were.
Post a Comment